Life Elevated Psychiatry
New Patient Form
Yes, we can do Telehealth for any appointment. We also do in office appointments on Monday’s.
Mental Health Services Offered At Life Elevated Psychiatry
What Causes Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders are generally treated with psychotherapy, medication, or both. There are many ways to treat anxiety and people should work with their doctor to choose the treatment that is best for them.
Schizophrenia cannot easily be diagnosed by signs and symptoms alone because other disorders such as bipolar disorder can have very similar signs and symptoms. To make an accurate diagnosis, doctors must take into account all signs and symptoms that occur and any signs that continue over time like delusions or hallucinations.
What Causes Panic Attacks?
What Causes PTSD
PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can develop after you go through a traumatic event. The trauma experienced needs to be something that involves the threat of death or serious injury to yourself or someone else. It can happen to people of any age, gender, race, religion, or background. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares, severe anxiety, and uncontrollable thoughts about the event
ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. ADHD symptoms involve problems with attention and hyperactivity/impulsivity, but it is most known to affect focus.
Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance abuse is an excessive use of a type of drug that alters the brain. Unlike substance use, substance abuse, is known as drug abuse or addiction, is a wide range of behaviors related to use and treatment of drugs. Substance can be legal (alcohol) or illegal (Heroin), prescribed (painkillers) or unprescribed (addictive stimulants).
My Approach to Mental Health
Brock Haskell PA-C chose to go into psychiatry because it is rewarding to improve patients’ lives. This improved quality of life has come through medication management of various mental health disorders. His desire is to serve and help his patients reach their goals.
In collaboration with Jonathan Snipes MD psychiatrist
Frequently Asked Questions
What Insurances do you accept at Life Elevated Psychiatry?
• Regence Blue Cross/ Blue Shield (BXBS)
• Molina Healthcare
• Public Employee Health Program (PEHP)
• Deseret Mutual Benefit Administrators (DMBA)
• Educators Mutual (EMI Health/ EMI)
• United Health Care (UHC)
• Optum (United AARP Medicare Complete)
• Multiplan/ Beechstreet/PHCS (Multiplan)
• Wise Provider Network (Wise)
• Health Choice
• Steward Health Plan
• University of Utah/ Healthy U
• Select Health
• Samera Health
Cash pay rates- Psychiatric evaluation $150, Follow up visits $75
Does Life Elevated Psychiatry offer Telehealth?
Yes. After the first visit Telehealth is an option. Simply click on the Telehealth link on the website, enter your name, and you are ready for the video call wherever is convenient for you.
How can I improve my mental and emotional health?
10 tips to boost your mental health
- Make social connection — especially face-to-face — a priority.
- Stay active and exercise regularly.
- Learn to manage stress and take time for yourself.
- Avoid isolation and maintain a support system.
- Talk to someone.
- Remember, hope is a good thing. You are not alone in this fight against mental illness.
- Take up a relaxation practice.
- Eat a brain-healthy diet to support strong mental health.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
- Identify your stress signals.
What do we treat at Life Elevated Psychiatry?
Medication management for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, ADHD, bipolar, schizophrenia, PTSD, and substance abuse.
What is Mental Health?
The World Organization defines it as “A state of well being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses life presents.” It affects one person out five each year but has many misconceptions about what people are experiencing mentally during these difficult moments such that they may not be able to get help right away because there’s still a stigma around talking openly on this topic when we should all feel comfortable asking for support if needed!
Is anxiety a mental disorder??
Anxiety disorders are the most common of mental disorders, affecting nearly 30% of adults at some point in their lives. And though they may not feel like it now- anxiety can be treated effectively with various treatments available to help people lead normal productive lives again!
What can trigger mental illness?
What causes mental illness?
- Drug abuse.
- A combination of genetic, environmental and psychosocial risk factors.
- Childhood trauma.
- Stressful events: like losing a loved one, or being in a car accident.
- Negative thoughts.
- Unhealthy habits: like not getting enough sleep, or not eating.
- Drugs and alcohol: Abusing drugs and alcohol can trigger a mental illness.